In an age where everyone makes regular trips to their local gym to stay healthy, it is important for writers to keep writing effectively and remain in a perfect state of creative health; where ideas flow freely and projects are completed.
- Do you need to get a firm grip on discipline in your writing routine?
- Does your personal life and commitments interfere with your writing?
- Are you lost and confused in the writing process?
- Has your writing become dull and boring?
- Is your time limited and it’s impossible to attend workshops?
- Do you prefer to work in your own space and at your own pace?
The Writing Studio’s mentoring entails informal communication, and one-on-one coaching with qualified Education and Training practitioner Daniel Dercksen, a published playwright, scriptwriter and journalist who has been teaching workshops in scriptwriting and creative writing for the past 23 years and has been a film and theatre journalist for 40 years.
The coaching facilitates the psychological and emotional growth of writers during the process of writing their story and coming to terms with the intimate relationship between the writer and what they are writing.
The sessions allow writers to manage their time and discipline, train writers in new techniques to improve their writing style and craftsmanship, guide writers on how to excel in their writing, and counsel writers in coming to terms with issues they are facing during the writing of their stories.
The coaching sessions allow writers to identify their skills and capabilities, their strengths and weaknesses, and enable them to use their talent to the best of their ability.